All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
Charles M. Schultz
While not one of the most famous quotes for Valentine’s Day, it certainly works for me!
So, grab a piece of chocolate (if that works for you!) and read on.
On Valentine’s Day many people get all caught up in the actions (or inactions) of someone else. Some feel that if they’re not part of a couple, the day is irrelevant. This Valentine’s Day I’d like to offer a different perspective.
Radical idea: what if you thought of Valentine’s Day as a day dedicated to self-love?
This is an interesting idea for several reasons. No need to rely on anyone else. No need to feel “left out” because you don’t meet the societal prerequisite. No need to have expectations. It’s all within your control.
If you honored a day devoted to self-love you could…
- list the things you LOVE about yourself (no need to wait for someone else to do it for you)
- choose what you need, right now, to put a smile on your face (no mind reading necessary)
- eat something stunningly delicious (calories don’t count today)
- recognize the love you already have around you (think beyond those closest to you)
- create your own happy place (no electronic distractions)
- treat your body as the sacred vessel that it is (no comparisons allowed)
- say “No” (and regain a piece of yourself)
- celebrate your unique gifts (because the world is waiting for you to share them)
- forgive yourself and let go (everyone make mistakes)
Hopefully this list gets your creative juices going on how to make your day special and loving. Most of importantly, recognize that you’re doing these things because you’re gorgeous, beautiful YOU. Because you’re special. Because you’re the only one who truly knows exactly what you need, right now. Because you deserve the love of the most important person in your life — YOU.
special sweetheart deal for February!
This deal ends February 28 — you’re not gonna want to miss this!
And, just in case you’re wondering, here’s some cool trivia about Valentine’s Day lore.
Your Call to Action
Decide, now, how you’re going celebrate your day of loving you. Make it special. Make it memorable. Make it happen! Oh, and go buy a mushy, sentimental card, just for yourself.