What Life Coaching Is…
It’s a powerful way to renew your sense of purpose, to discover an abundance of possibilities for your life, and a way to uncover larger, previously unthinkable dreams. It is also a way to learn specific life skills to help you change your behavior, for good.
What life coaching is not…
Coaching is not therapy or counseling, and does not explore your past as a means to understand the present. It is not designed to deal with or heal emotional trauma, and advice is not offered to you.
My typical clients…
- genuinely want to discover what’s missing in their lives.
- long to change the same-old, same-old and need a kick in the butt to do so.
- yearn to care for themselves as well as they care for others.
- need to reintroduce “fun” and “passion” into their vocabulary.
- hunger to feel deliciously alive.
I practice the Co-active Coaching© model, which emphasizes a collaborative and dynamic relationship that we create together at the start of our coaching relationship. This is a customized partnership designed to keep you moving toward the goals you define. Tremendous power comes from this unique relationship. You are in charge of the coaching agenda – always, since you bring what you want to work on to each session. Your whole life is available for coaching. I believe that how you show up in one area of your life is how you act in all areas of your life. It is your choice as to which area we begin with for coaching.
What I offer you…
- I provide a safe environment so that you can let down your guard, let go of old ideas and beliefs that hold you back, and explore the possibilities.
- I offer unconditional support, truth-telling and directness.
- I keep the focus on you and your life, knowing that you have the answers you seek within you, although they may be buried deeply. My job is to help you rediscover these answers, allowing you to transform your life.
- As your coach, I come with no agenda and have no particular outcome in mind.
- I will dance in the moment—being fully present with you—holding the focus on your path or course of action, and allowing you to lead the direction and flow.
Robin Anderson is a Certified Professional Co-active© Coach.